Mutterings that Matter

Monday, January 09, 2006

Traveling without Moving

So I sat there at the intersection of the highway and the road to the international airport, wondering who was responsible for my plight. Sitting in a cab with the only thing moving being the fare meter is frustrating. Sheer negligence, apathy, incompetence, nincompoops!

Traffic Jams! That’s an everyday story in Andheri, this business suburb in Mumbai. With the city’s boundaries growing northwards has also become the new Mumbai Central. Forget about Andheri that’s just a case in point, what I’m talking about is the incompetence of a traffic jam.

Ok so the Road Development Authority screwed up, their sheer lack of foresight and planning before they laid the road and dug it up again. Or was it the business community who in the garb of cost cutting came here few years back and set up big offices, not checking if the scope for infrastructure development was there. Or is it these neo rich I-have-cash-to-spare kinds in their cars trying to find the quickest way to work and causing traffic jams.

Sheer loss of productivity, I would say, what with half your energy drained out before you enter the cool office interiors. The story doesn’t end there; I also have to give out that extra cash for participating in the traffic jam because my fare meter is still running remember.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home