Mutterings that Matter

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hey! I have an idea...

Victor Hugo, famed author of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, once said “There is but one thing stronger than all the armies in the world… and that is an idea whose time has come.” A cutout of this quote lies there on my soft board in office and I keep looking at it sometimes intentionally, mostly it stares at me in the face without reason. Alongside it is another quote by novelist Oliver Wendell Holmes "Man's mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions". These quote cutouts were something an old friend and colleague had given me while moving on to newer pastures professionally.

For the last ten years I have been grappling with getting that idea that is stronger than all the armies in the world and one which can change the dimensions of my mind. I’m sure you would have gauged by now that I do not have it as yet – else you would be reading about me and my work elsewhere not on this self promoting blog. That apart the quest and motivation to seek can never end. Maybe my time has not come to get that idea. Maybe I’m not looking for it in the right place. Maybe I’m very ambitious and am looking for a big idea. Maybe I'll someday say what the title of the blog says. Just for a second, maybe I’m searching for the wrong idea.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home