Mutterings that Matter

Monday, December 05, 2005

My Talk Show!

Hello Sir! May I come in?

Yes Please.

Interviews! The fun part of my job description. It’s my entertainment for the day, so to say. Over these past few years I have interviewed more than a thousand candidates, and I have had my moments of joy, irritation, boredom, happiness – all emotions rolled in one.

I wouldn’t say I am like the more famous Oprah Winfrey, Vir Sanghvi or Simi Garewal who have their own talk shows, but yes I do have my very own talk show that runs unscheduled in my cabin. There is no sight of any camera crew etc., but yes the prying eyes of my colleagues who wonder how come I have such long conversations. But I must admit it’s a lot of fun talking to strangers, who want to become one of us.

“So who is 'candidate name'?” I ask my guest (read candidate) most of the times. The funniest response that I get is “Me!”. Some of them get even better and ask me with a strange looked “Personally or professionally?” and I have half a mind to ask them “Duh-uh do you think you’ve come to a marriage bureau, of course professionally!!!”. Some remember their Class I composition of “Myself” and parrot that out to me. After that answer I have no option but to go to the next question a suppressed smile.

Well there are far too many anecdotes that I could narrate, but I choose not to, after all my trade secret is also dear to me.


"Thanks for coming across to meet up, wish you all the best in your career." - Parting line that is a potential signature for my talk show".

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home