Mutterings that Matter

Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm a Complain Boy - I'm a Complain Girl!

He's a growling boy look how he's shooting from the hip. (This is my parody on a famous ad campaign back from my growing up days from Complan - I tweaked it around to suit my post - I promise this can be sung to the same tune also :)).


Once upon a time there was a flood that came as a result of a cloudburst syncing perfectly with the high tide. It washed away people's belongings and livelihoods and most of all its spirit - its bravado against adversity. It left back destruction and a lot of individuals who had antlophobia. To them the king wasn't doing anything to protect their plight. They expected their king to be better than the forces of nature. And when he failed they complained because the king's enemies pasted a rosy picture of other kingdoms who were very advanced and people were well looked after.

In the absence of their own knowledge they gorged on the information fed to them by the enemies who were much like betrayers. They complained that the king didn't take adequate measures because they were left floating in their homes, but weren't homeless. They complained that they couldn't get to work, though they didn't lose their jobs. They complained when it rained and they complained when it was dry. They had found purpose - to criticise.

Much has been written about this - but I solemnly say this judge not your king and his kingdom by your plight alone, because the richer neighbouring kingdom are worse off than you. Amen!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home