Mutterings that Matter

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Independence Movie Binge

Took a long freedom weekend with my wife on the 14th and 15th of August 2005 and celebrated it with four movies. Watching four movies in the space of 24 hours and that too in a movie hall is not something a lot of people think is sensible. When you mention it to them they are awestruck in front of you, but sometimes at the back of their minds they have emotions that have not broken free to tell me that I am stupid or insane or a spendthrift. On a personal front I broke free of my record of most number of movie show tickets purchased at one time. The last time I had picked tickets of two back-to-back movie shows, this time I picked four. With the advent of multiplexes it’s easier for people like me to jump from screen to screen rather than theatre to theatre to satiate their appetite for a movie binge.

Just keeping the spirit of independence, all the movies I watched, Madagascar, Herbie – Fully Loaded, Virudhh, and Sarkar, to an extent had the spirit of breaking free, either from captivity, or from the prisons of their minds, or against the establishment. Gaining Independence does not solve all the problems because the internal strife continues, and I think that was the message I took back when I watched these four movies on the backdrop of the 58th anniversary of Indian Independence. Here’s wishing us all the best in our own struggle for independence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home