Mutterings that Matter

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Remains of the taste

I have the money now...but cannot buy and relish the Rs. 4.00 Beef Curry Rice that I craved for while in college.

I have the money now...but the taste of the 50 paise tapioca jaali wafers that they used to give in school is out of my reach.

I have the money now...but the Rs. 4.00 Puri Bhaji with loads of fried chilies at the VT Zunka Bhakar that I ate on the way to college doesn't taste the same anymore.

It's not because I am not in school or college anymore or the taste of the Puri Bhaji has changed, times have changed. Money was dearer then than it is today. The taste was because of the affordability quotient.

I know I can afford a lot more today and maybe eat what I want, but those days will always remain an unfinished chapter. The taste still lingers in my memory.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home