Mutterings that Matter

Saturday, March 24, 2007

So long...Farewell!

An Excerpt from the song by the late Roy Orbison and KD Lang - Crying...

I was all right for a while

I could smile for a while
then I saw you last night
You held my hand so tight
when you stopped to say hello
You wished me well, You
couldn't tell that
I've been crying over you,
Crying over you and you said "So long"
Left me standing all alone,
Alone and crying, crying, crying, crying

My love just left me and I probably can’t love anymore. I feel numb, cheated, hurt, let down, stunned, depressed and god knows what else. All my fantasies are up in smoke. I'm ashamed to interact with my neighbors; I was always their big brother, but now they tower over me. I can't switch channels lest I am reminded of my love. They will talk about it as if there is no tomorrow. They will analyze and dissect every decision. I want to stay away from all this; I hope I’m not helped by that kid I beat up so badly the other day – I’ll have no face to show after that. I’m hoping this too will pass and I’ll have a chance to make amends another day.

So long then…I would like to be left alone…farewell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home